Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Friday, 18 July 2014

ANOTHER Tag! Who Are You?



It’s another Tag! These are so much fun. I was tagged for this one by my friend Zoe at Zoe Figgle,Just A Girl. Her tag was a really interesting read so here’s my go at it! If you’re a fellow blogger and want in on the tags, leave one of us a comment.

1)      Where were you born?

Cambridge, England.

2)      Were you named after someone?

No, but my middle names are after my two grandmothers.

3)      If you have children, how many do you have?

I don’t, as I feel I’m too young. But I’d love to have children eventually—can’t imagine not, so I really hope things work out. I’d like to have as many as I can afford, and then I’ll probably end up with one more, because that’s just how things go…

4)      How many pets do you have?

I have a cat called Draco or Buster (that’s an ongoing argument between Ferret and I). Here’s a picture of him!



5)      Your worst injury?

I’ve not had many, thank Goodness. Most pain I’ve been in was due to spinal surgery but most pain inflicted by mistake was probably when I was a kid (I get to say that now!) and Ferret shut my hand in the bathroom door, didn’t believe me when I screamed at him, and proceeded to lock the door. Ouch.

It did teach me to think twice before trying to barge in on someone else’s bath. You live, you learn.

6)      Do you have a special talent?

I’d love to say writing?

Also I can make my tongue look like a flower. It’s really my only “party trick”.
I won’t post a picture as people tend to be 50/50 on the awesome/gross opinion.

7)      What’s your favourite thing to bake?

When I don’t feel like trying something new, I make lemon drizzle cake. I got the recipe from Tana Ramsay but have probably adapted it since.

8)      Favourite fast food?

I love SO MUCH FOOD but I had McDonald’s twisty fries today so I’ll say them. (Incidentally that occurred two hours after I had officially declared myself “on a diet”).

9)      What’s the first thing you notice about someone?

“Well, most lads would say eyes, but they’re lying. It’s your nunga-nungas.”

In all seriousness, I’m not really sure. I usually notice who the louder, more confident people are and who are the quieter ones, then go and talk to the quieter ones because I find them more interesting. You know, mysterious and what not. Something about still waters being covered in interesting pondweed.

10)   Favourite smells?

Well foody smells are lovely like vanilla, coffee and Christmassy spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. I also like smells that remind me of something like pine needles (Christmas again!) or my mum’s hand cream because it always reminds me of her.

11)   Why do you blog?

“For the lols.”
I really enjoy it, I love to write, and people are very very nice to me about it. Someday however I’d love to get more successful and make some squids, and say if I wrote a book it would be useful to sell that *jerks awake*.

12)   What song do you want played at your funeral?

I want a song everyone hates to be played at my funeral and I’ll tell you why. Every time I go to a funeral and a song is played, I associate the song with a sad memory and it always makes me cry. I don’t want to ruin everyone’s favourite song.

Failing that, I dunno, maybe “Burn Baby Burn” if I get cremated or something funny because I think it’s important to remember that even if someone dies and it’s sad, it’s still OK to laugh.

13)   What is your least favourite thing about yourself?

Can’t blooming stand me. Where do I start?
Kidding, I’m OK I guess. Probably that I waste a lot of energy trying to help those who don’t want to be helped. In that way and others, I don’t prioritise well.

14)   Any pet peeves?

I’ve thought of tons, so this could turn into a whole other blog post. But today’s winner, after a scroll through Facebook to get me nice and peeved off, is…

The Bathroom Selfie!

Seriously, girls? Your outfit is lovely, your makeup surely took a lot of time, so why would you ruin it with a sanitary towel bin in the background? Just no. I have never taken part in one and never wish to. I also think that it spoils the sanctity that is the ladies’ room. I think men would probably prefer not to know what goes on in there.

I’ve also heard people having a good time at a party or a club, and deciding to leave the party in order to take pictures in the bathroom.

Bathrooms smell. Stop it.

15)   What’s the last thing that made you laugh?

When Crow, who’s known me for over a year, asked if I watched the match last night.


Good one. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the name Draco for the cat, but perhaps I'm biased ;) I may steal this tag soon, I really like this!
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! Consider yourself officially tagged ;) They're actually so much fun to write, especially when you have no inspiration sometimes.
      I'll tell my brother who calls him Buster that the votes have been cast: It's Draco. Always.

      (do you see what I did there?) xxx

      Delete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)