Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Saturday, 14 June 2014

School... What I Learned

On Thursday the 22nd May, I finished school for good. In my six years at secondary school, I don't think I got much of what you'd call an education--it's all about rote learning for the Leaving Cert. But I did get the kind of education everyone gets without fail, no matter where or what they study. I got an education in life. Here are some things I learned in Secondary school.


1) Sometimes, people are mean. There's not always a reason. They just are.


2) For every mean person, there are ten wonderful human beings who would do anything just to make you smile.


3) A lot of teachers are just in it for the paycheck.


4) There are some for whom teaching is a genuine vocation. They put their heart and soul into not only preparing pupils for exams, but also in preparing us for life. They want us to succeed and become happy, healthy individuals. It's not just a job for these people.

5) Some people lie.

6) The truth always wins through in the end....even if it takes forever

7) Life requires extremely hard work.

8) Anything you work for will be worth it

9) Nobody is ever going to help you

10) ...unless you ask.

11) As much as you'd like them to and as hard as you try, not everyone is going to like you.

12) A hell of a lot of people are going to love you.

13) If you think things are too good to be true, they are.

14)  Drama is never a good thing... Unless you're taking school plays!

15) If you're wondering what everyone else's problem is.... You're probably the one with the problem.

16) Friendship is actually a choice.

17) You're always in control.

18) You're never in control.

19) Real life isn't anything like the movies.

20) Sometimes, it's better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)