Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

A Healthy Appetite... Cut the Caffeine!

Hi guys! I’m sticking with my plan to incorporate two new things into my regime every week! Last week it was doing half an hour’s exercise every day, which has actually been fun! I’ve mostly been walking or jogging, nothing major, but I also started on some other exercise routines which I was kind of surprised to find myself enjoying! I think I will keep this up and then up the ante in the next few weeks. The other thing I tried to do was eat less unhealthy snacks which, aside from a pitfall in the shape of a burger and chips, (oh and some muffins, but that was a special occasion!), has gone really well as you can see by my recipes!
I hope I can keep these up! Now, onto this week. My next two goals will be to stop consuming so much caffeine and stop spending so much time on the computer! I think these’ll probably be pretty hard as they’re both things we can get addicted to in one way or another.

It’s no secret that I love tea. There’s nothing I like better than curling up in front of the telly with a hot cup of tea in my hand! Everyone knows me for enjoying a cuppa, so much so that Bambi’s little sister once came into a room where about six of us were sitting, totally ignored everyone else and said to me “Would you like a cup of tea?” While it was awesome to be singled out and waited on, it’s probably not a good sign... I’m also really fond of coffee on occasion. And then there’s iced coffee. Iced tea. Various soft drinks.

So I’ve decided to cut caffeine as much as possible this week, to see what kind of effect it has on me! I think this will also help with my snacking: when I have a cup of regular tea, there’s always the urge for biscuits or cake, but not so much when I drink a cup of herbal/ fruit tea. We’re not exactly short of variety in my house due to a gift I gave my equally tea-loving mum for her last birthday...



...so I’ll be very interested to see how it all turns out. I’ve found a whole list of foods which supposedly wake you up more naturally than a cup of coffee, so I’ll try some out and review them for next week’s post. They include water, apples, almonds, dark chocolate (wahey!), and bananas to name but a few. I’ll be spoiled for choice, don’t you worry!

The computer one’s gonna be pretty hard, though. I’ve been overly fond of Facebook since I joined, and I always type when writing fiction because my ideas move faster than most known pens... but since I started blogging it’s gotten a little out of hand (no offense, I love you guys), coupled with the fact that some of the people I’m now closest to live pretty far away. I could spend hours writing or reading blog posts, connecting with other bloggers or just chatting on Facebook/Twitter. Even my mum’s noticed that I need to cut down and I’ve agreed with her.

I went camping with my friends at the weekend, so I managed to live without the internet for a little while... I’m now going to try hand-writing my drafts for posts and then just typing them up, remembering that the world won’t end if I don’t check Facebook and setting time limits for when I just need to step away from the computer and go outside for some good old fresh air and exercise!

...This may mean I’ll have to learn how to talk to my friends on the phone. Gulp.


So those are my two new goals for this week! I’ll let you know how I get on in next week’s post! Wish me luck... 

2 comments:

  1. My step-dad brought home some 'real' pu-erh and grean tea from China one time; we will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)