Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Six of the Best... A Public Apology


...Just kidding.


From a girl who’s been in this country for five years now, I'd like to address the communication issues. 

I’m sorry it’s advertisement, not adver-tyse-ment.

I’m sorry it’s yoghurt, not yoe-gurt.

I’m sorry the word “shift” is about the most awful thing ever.

I’m sorry that it took me four weeks to work out what a “parer” was.

I’m sorry I don’t know “what the crack” is.

I’m sorry I thought “How are you?” was an actual question.

I’m sorry I’m scared of hurls and sloitars as they’re designed to sound like skulls splitting on concrete.

I’m sorry I’ve never footed turf.

I’m sorry it’s innovative, not inno-vayt-ive.

I’m sorry I’m not from Australia.


And I am ever so, ever so sorry that no, I don’t know “Dave from England.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)