Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Six of the Best... a Piece of Advice.

This was challenge 8 in May. Bambi and Crow both advised us to be ourselves, which is probably the best thing anyone can do. But I’m going to talk about how to get through one of the most frustrating times in your life.

Preach, preach, preach. This blog seems to be nothing but advice. Treat people this way, mix your cake batter with that spoon... are you guys sick of me yet? I hope not. The reason I give so much advice is that I’m aware just how young I am: I’m still learning just about everything. Life is still very new to me. So I suppose I like to make these new discoveries and report back, tell you what it’s like out in the world, and how I’m getting on. I’m learning from my mistakes and sharing them with you guys in case you make the same ones. Here’s my latest discovery...

Patience.

I know, I know. Who do I think I am, Gary Barlow? But lately I’ve been finding out that everything does eventually fall into place if you’re willing to let it. When we’re young, we spend a lot of time wanting to grow up. We want everything to happen quickly, when we want it to happen.  You might be wondering why you don’t get what you want exactly when you want it... and that’s OK. It’s fine to want things. For me, it was friends. For a while I didn’t feel like I had anyone I could really talk to. I got quite upset about it, wondering why the universe didn’t want me to have a lovely group of friends.

It did. The universe was simply waiting until I was ready. It was waiting until I had sorted myself out personally. If I’d met Bambi two years ago, I probably would have mumbled hello and got the hell away from her. The same with Crow. I’d never have decided to talk to him. It wasn’t until I had grown as myself that these new friends crossed my path, and I’m kind of glad it happened that way. The person I was two years ago, who was moody and anti-social and didn’t even know who she was... maybe they wouldn’t have wanted to be friends with her. As for Phoenix, Wolf and Black Sheep, they were already there. The universe—or whatever—was just waiting for me to realise how special they are.

If you feel like things aren’t coming out the way they should right now, the only advice I can give you is to wait. To be patient. You need to take care of yourself first. Develop your own interests. Focus on your own wellbeing. Keep being you, and the rest will follow.

Good things really do come to those who wait. I know that Elephant focused on his studies and worked hard to get to a good university... there, he met Panther. Before he met Duchess, Tiger had to wait quite a long time to find out what he wanted to be. There was a lot about school that Ferret didn’t enjoy, but he was patient and is now doing what he loves. As for me? Well, a lot of nice things are happening to me at the moment. I’m ready for them now. A few years ago... I might have even missed them.
So the next time you go to sleep thinking maybe you messed something up, missed something, didn’t get what you wanted... be patient: you never know what’ll be waiting when you wake up.



Remember as a kid when your teacher told you to wait your turn? Your turn’s coming, and it’s going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)