Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Friday, 10 May 2013

The Milestone and the Competition!

Hi everyone!

Wow, 1000 views! I know for you big-time blog buffs that might not seem like a lot, but to a teenager who just started blogging in March, it's kind of a big deal. I just want to thank (holds up coffee cup pretending it's an Oscar) my friends, particularly Bambi and Crow for their promotion and inspiration, but also Phoenix, Wolf and Black Sheep for probably refreshing the page 300 times each, just to be nice ;)

I also want to let you all know that I've joined Pinterest. My first pinboard is called "Catherine Ann's Writing-Related Gems" and it's going to be full of inspirational pictures and also links to blogs I enjoy reading, as I think it's really important to share good writing with the world. So if you have a blog or any kind of content, do let me know so I can check it out and "pin" it if I like it. (This is an example of the first five minutes of joining a website when I get thoroughly over-excited, so make the most of it!)

I decided a while ago that when I reached 1000 views, I would hold a competition. I've decided to make it an art contest, because my blog looks quite plain and, as someone who isn't artistic at all, I really admire people who have that talent.

More details will be announced over the weekend, but it's going to be a competition for pictures of any kind, whether it be a painting, drawing, photograph or even collage... anything that can be scanned onto a screen! So get your thinking caps on and artistic muscles flexed, and watch this space for more info. Think about the themes of the blog so far, and what you'd like to see on it.

Hope to see you all again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the milestone. If you'll have me, I'll guest enter the competition, flex my art muscles before 5th year starts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be absolutely honoured to have you! I'm formulating the details as we speak! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought 150 views was impressive. Congratulations!

    I've got an artistic muscle that needs using now that my art project is finished. My scanner is broken and missing, so I may be submitting mine through Bambi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's absolutely wonderful news, I thought nobody would be interested!!! And 150 views IS impressive, it's brilliant! Can't wait till you reach 1000! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congratulations! You deserve every single one of those views! I'm so honoured to be your official 1000th view ;) xxx and I'd be more than happy to provide prizes for the competition if you'd like xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you darling, I'm counting on it!! Hopefully I'll be able to publicize you ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)